Transitions are life’s way of asking us to reexamine our present way of being and force us to develop and grow as individuals. These transitions can be predictable, or they can be unpredictable.
These transitions may include:
- Disabling accidents/tragedy
- Job changes
- Social/ Political changes
- Marriage or a new relationship
- Arrival of a new baby (birth/adoption)
- Parenting an infant, child, or adolescent
- Adjustment to new college or the workplace
- Empty nesting/children leaving home
- Divorce, separation, or recovery from infidelity
- Retirement, job loss, or career changes
- Financial gain or loss
- Serious illness or disability of self or a loved one
- Caring for an elderly parent
- Questioning sexual or gender identity
- Questioning faith or spirituality
These transitions can be predictable, or they can be unpredictable. Regardless of the event, every transition we experience forces us to make changes to our existing life. Change may come with resistance. It’s often a very difficult adjustment as we endure intense feelings of fear and uncertainty.
We can help you in managing the stress, encourage processing of thoughts and emotions and understand what is meaningful for you related to this transition.
You are just one connection away….
Let us support you!