The below prompts are meant to help you create balance, focus and direction for the coming year. Remember a year is not only a calendar year, it is any 12 month period of time you chose. Some individuals use a “school year” or a year beginning on their birthday. Take a quiet moment to reflect and allow them to guide you toward a year of transformation.
Reflections from the previous year
- What worked last year?
- What didn’t work last year?
- What are my fondest memories from last year?
- What were the hardest moments from last year?
- What did my challenges from last year teach me ?
- What labels have I placed on myself or others have placed on me?
- What limitations have I placed on myself? What would happen if I let those go?
- What fears are holding me back?
- What are my passions? What brings me purpose? What is meaningful in my life?
- Years from now, looking back at my life, what things will have mattered? What things won’t have mattered?
- Who do I want to be?
- How do I want to be remembered after I am gone?
- What do I want my legacy to be?
- If I had an extra day every week this year, how would I spend my time?
- What type of person am I today?
- Use 3 verbs to describe who you want to become?
- Who or what matters most to me?
- Where do I feel stuck?
- What is holding me back from moving forward?
- What needs to change so I can move forward?
- What happens if I move forward? What happens if I don’t?
- What am I most afraid of?
- In the past year what are three challenges I have faced? What have I learned from them?
- How am I? Rate the areas below on a scale of 1-10. Where do I need to strengthen and grow? Use these areas as starting points for setting intentions/goals for the coming year.
- What will I say yes to this year?
- What will I say no to this year?
- How will I spend my time?
- What is my “why”?
- How can I help others?
- What do I want to cultivate this year?
What are my Personal Intentions for the Year?